Wednesday, November 23, 2011

thankful

We have finally settled into our home and gone are the days of crazy infant schedules & demands, it seems in a nutshell, that we are arrived at our new normal, and I pretty much love it. This year, I finally have a few minutes to sit down and be thoughtful about being thankful. For starters, no surprise, I am thankful for Logan. I am thankful that he is healthy and that he laughs and makes me laugh every day - really that is all I ever need. He has shown me the gift of being a parent - which at times leaves me with frizzy hair and lots of crumbs in my car - but it has also given me a depth that I could never have achieved on my own. I could not have understood it before him, but I couldn't imagine living my life without this experience.

I am thankful for the family - blood and not - that keeps me in sane in the moments when I question whether or not moving 1000 miles away was worth it - and on the days when its not, I'm thankful for snail mail, voicemail and email that keep me connected to everyone that I love. I am still getting used to this stage of life - and I am thankful for the moments when everything feels just right!

No comments:

Post a Comment