Wednesday, November 9, 2011

The David Sheldrick Wildlife Trust



It's no surprise that my first pick would involve animals. This is the heart of many of my life passions and I am so impressed with what this nonprofit has created. So my first pick for my 30 for 30 project is the David Sheldrick Wildlife Trust.

The David Sheldrick Wildlife Trust is dedicated to the protection and conservation of wildlife and habitats in Kenya. Best known for the rescue and hand-rearing of milk dependent orphaned baby elephants and rhinos, so that they can return to the wild when grown, the DSWT also manages anti-poaching teams, mobile veterinary units and community outreach programs.

The save orphaned elephants and rhino's who are often left that way due to poaching. What an honor to help this organization serve the animals of Kenya and continue to fight for better anti-poaching laws.


On my bucket list of life is to see an African Safari - and I sure hope that by the time I get there - we still have many of these animals living happily in the wild and not just captivity.


No comments:

Post a Comment